Otoacoustic Emissions Testing
Specialized Testing in Manhattan
Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) tests are designed to determine the status of the cochlea or inner ear. Using specialized equipment, we can assess these emisions to help diagnose hearing loss, as well as determine the impact of noise exposure on the inner ear.
OAE tests can be used for the following:
- Test functional hearing loss
- Help to estimate a limited range of hearing sensitivity
- Separate the sensory and neural components of sensorineural hearing loss
- Screen hearing in neonates, infants or developmentally disabled individuals
This testing can determine if the best course of action is hearing aids, a cochlea implant or some other solution. OAE tests require no behavioral observation and work on their own to establish the status of the cochlea. Dr. Resnick provides this testing in his comfortable Manhattan office. Call 212-752-3373 to schedule an appointment and get tested.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 15 Years of Audiology Experience
- Listening and Treating Every Patient Like Family
- Conveniently Located in Midtown Manhattan
- Helpful, Friendly and Courteous Staff
- A Premier Elite Provider of Lyric